TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Lakeland police officer is giving us something to smile about in the midst of all the coronavirus chaos.
Lakeland Police Officer Bailey was on patrol early Wednesday morning in the area of South Florida Avenue when he noticed a mother duck and her 12 ducklings walking down Pine Street towards the police station.
Since they were in the middle of the road, Bailey drove his patrol car behind the flock to ensure they would make it safely down the street.
He even got out of his car at one point to help the family through a few detours and barriers, making sure they got to Lake Mirror safely.
- Friday Night: Stormy weekend; Cooler next week
- Ponchatoula tops St. Amant, 24-14
- U-High Cubs knock Evangel Christian out of the playoffs
- USS Kidd partners with apparel line showcasing the accomplishments of Black Americans in the U.S. Military
- New rule could allow gas, firing squads for US executions