BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) — An officer with the Bradenton Police Department rescued a dog after it fell into the Manatee River in the early hours of the morning Tuesday.
The dog reportedly fell from a boat docked at a marina on the Manatee River and became distressed when she couldn’t find a way out.
Officer Jason Nuttall responded to the call and found the dog swimming in the water “in obvious distress.” The officer jumped into the water and swam out to retrieve the dog for her owner.
- Trio of statues toppled and vandalized overnight
- Louisiana man out on bond accused in separate shootings
- LDH confirms 3,272 total deaths due to COVID-19, 74,636 confirmed cases
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in parking lot
- Watch Live at 12pm CST: Funeral for Mr. Mardi Gras, Blaine Kern