SPRINGFIELD, Mo.– It’s been a difficult two and a half months for the Lopez family.
They’ve been fighting coronavirus together- everyone from the four-month-old to the parents.
While most family members experienced mild symptoms, Reyna Lopez, the mother, didn’t recover.
She’s now fighting for her life with the help of a hospital ventilator in Arizona.
Lopez has been in the hospital 70+ days and on a ventilator for five weeks.
Her brother-in-law and Kansas City resident, Victor Lopez, says he’s thankful for the growing support from the community.
A GoFundMe page to help with hospital costs has already collected more than $8,000.
“In the blink of an eye in one night it can all change… and I just hope that people are mindful and continue to take care of themselves,” Victor Lopez said. “Not only themselves but the people around them. I never expected this when we started the GoFundMe page, it was just ‘Hey, let’s give it a shot,’ and just seeing everyone from Kansas City just pushing for us, it’s great.”
Reyna Lopez tested negative for COVID-19 for the first time last week.
Doctors are considering a lung transplant as they slowly work to remover her off the ventilator.
For the GoFundMe page the Lopez family set up, click here.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room