BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — One man is hospitalized and another is in the Livingston Parish Detention Center following a shooting Saturday in Denham Springs.
Livingston Parish sheriff’s deputies arrived to the 13000 stretch of Brittany Court Saturday in reference to the shooting. Upon arrival, deputies found a man suffering from a gunshot wound in his abdomen, according to LPSO.
He’s now in a local hospital and was last reported to be in stable condition. He’s expected to survive, according to Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard.
Deputies located the suspect, 24-year-old John Burthe Lacroix of Denham Springs, near the scene.
The two men reportedly knew each other and had argued prior to the shooting, according to LPSO. The shooting is still under investigation.
- EBR Schools plans to improve the district and is receiving feedback from the community
- Gov. John Bel Edwards expects to end federal unemployment soon
- LSU coaches embrace new TAF president
- To alleviate crowding, Baton Rouge animal shelter will waive all adoption fees this week
- Meet Companion Animal Alliance’s dogs of the week, two Husky-mix sisters