BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — One man is hospitalized and another is in the Livingston Parish Detention Center following a shooting Saturday in Denham Springs.
Livingston Parish sheriff’s deputies arrived to the 13000 stretch of Brittany Court Saturday in reference to the shooting. Upon arrival, deputies found a man suffering from a gunshot wound in his abdomen, according to LPSO.
He’s now in a local hospital and was last reported to be in stable condition. He’s expected to survive, according to Livingston Parish Sheriff Jason Ard.
Deputies located the suspect, 24-year-old John Burthe Lacroix of Denham Springs, near the scene.
The two men reportedly knew each other and had argued prior to the shooting, according to LPSO. The shooting is still under investigation.
- Gabby Petito autopsy: Coroner expected to examine remains found in Wyoming
- LDH reports 85 new COVID-19 deaths overnight
- Monoclonal antibody infusion site to open at Baton Rouge General Mid City
- Lawsuits filed against Ochsner Lafayette General, Lourdes over worker COVID vaccine requirement
- One lane remains closed on the I-10 Bonnet Carre Spillway Bridge