BATON ROUGE, La. (WVLA/WGMB) — Online petitioners are asking the LSU Board of Supervisors to cancel classes at the University Monday and Tuesday so students can watch the LSU football team take on Clemson at the National Championship game in New Orleans.
The petition, titled “Cancel School for the National Championship,” was created by Anna Rabalais over the weekend and has since received more than 1,190 signatures of its 1,500-signature goal.
The petition was created after there was no confirmation the University would cancel the first two days of classes for the spring 2020 semester to make accommodations for students who want to cheer on the Tigers.
To sign the petition or read the full reason for its creation, click here.
- COVID-19 long haulers are developing debilitating, chronic condition called POTS
- Obama memoir sells a record 1.7 million copies in first week
- Wednesday Morning: Storms today; Warm with spotty showers on Thanksgiving
- VIDEO: WBRSO still searching for ‘person of interest’
- New Roads man found shot to death in West Baton Rouge