PEARL RIVER, La. (WDSU) — The operator of a Pearl River-area dog rescue was arrested Monday on animal cruelty charges.
The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office says they arrested 55-year-old Leslie Ezkovich-Tierney on 45 counts of simple cruelty to animals after finding 45 greyhounds living inside a home in the 39000 block of West Porters Road in Pearl River.
The dogs were found covered in urine and feces, malnourished and dehydrated, STPSO officials said.
Several of the dogs had sores caused by being kept in kennels for upwards of 20 hours a day.
Employees with the St. Tammany Parish Animal Control accompanied deputies to the residence during the arrest.
- LPSS 8th and 12th graders going back to campus full-time starting February 1st
- ‘Thankful to God’: New Orleans woman who was imprisoned at 19 receives presidential pardon
- Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office investigating deadly shooting
- COVID-19 Vaccine and Diabetes: What to expect?
- Thursday Night: Fog and rain tonight; Numerous showers this Friday