Hurricane Laura dropped some heavy rain and strong winds areas along Highland Road leaving behind a path of destruction. Over a thousand were without electricity.
“We all have post traumatic stress every time we hear theres a hurricane and theres a hurricane Rita, Gustav and Katrina,” Beverley Thompson said.
In the woodstone court neighborhood a tree fell on a gate following the hurricane. This tree was uprooted and collapsed onto this steel gate. The gate is severely bent and basically destroyed.
After nearly 12 hours power crews were able to restore power. Residents say they’re grateful the damage wasn’t worse.
- Gabby Petito timeline: Remains found in Wyoming fit description of missing 22-year-old
- FEMA deadline extended for critical needs assistance
- Person found dead inside St. Mary Parish evacuee shelter
- Tide Loads of Hope brings Hurricane Ida relief with mobile laundromat service
- Search for missing Florida boy involving New Orleans Coast Guard ends