Hurricane Laura dropped some heavy rain and strong winds areas along Highland Road leaving behind a path of destruction. Over a thousand were without electricity.
“We all have post traumatic stress every time we hear theres a hurricane and theres a hurricane Rita, Gustav and Katrina,” Beverley Thompson said.
In the woodstone court neighborhood a tree fell on a gate following the hurricane. This tree was uprooted and collapsed onto this steel gate. The gate is severely bent and basically destroyed.
After nearly 12 hours power crews were able to restore power. Residents say they’re grateful the damage wasn’t worse.
- LSU Falls In Heartbreaker Against Alabama, 6-5
- Saturday Night: Gorgeous tomorrow; Storms on Monday
- 12-year-old Baton Rouge cousins get vaccinated together while documenting it on social media
- St. Francisville car dealership hosts fundraiser for customer
- Former LSU LB Patrick Queen hosts first ‘Level Up’ Football Camp