Hurricane Laura dropped some heavy rain and strong winds areas along Highland Road leaving behind a path of destruction. Over a thousand were without electricity.
“We all have post traumatic stress every time we hear theres a hurricane and theres a hurricane Rita, Gustav and Katrina,” Beverley Thompson said.
In the woodstone court neighborhood a tree fell on a gate following the hurricane. This tree was uprooted and collapsed onto this steel gate. The gate is severely bent and basically destroyed.
After nearly 12 hours power crews were able to restore power. Residents say they’re grateful the damage wasn’t worse.
- Former LSU Tiger first player in modern MLB to win Batting Title in each league
- Louisiana treasurer to pause on taking COVID-19 business grant applications; legislators to debate fate
- Geaux Black and Gold LIVE Halftime Show: Packers at Saints
- Livingston Parish Public Schools announces two early dismissal days in October
- Louisiana man booked on 194 counts of possession of child pornography