Hurricane Laura dropped some heavy rain and strong winds areas along Highland Road leaving behind a path of destruction. Over a thousand were without electricity.
“We all have post traumatic stress every time we hear theres a hurricane and theres a hurricane Rita, Gustav and Katrina,” Beverley Thompson said.
In the woodstone court neighborhood a tree fell on a gate following the hurricane. This tree was uprooted and collapsed onto this steel gate. The gate is severely bent and basically destroyed.
After nearly 12 hours power crews were able to restore power. Residents say they’re grateful the damage wasn’t worse.
- Southern dominates in SWAC home opener against Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 59-3
- Saturday Night Forecast: Low Humidity Continues Before Highs Increase by Mid-Week
- Is it safe to flush toilets during severe flooding?
- Is a used electric vehicle a bargain or a trap?
- Fentanyl laced with animal tranquilizer leading to limb amputations