Hurricane Laura dropped some heavy rain and strong winds areas along Highland Road leaving behind a path of destruction. Over a thousand were without electricity.
“We all have post traumatic stress every time we hear theres a hurricane and theres a hurricane Rita, Gustav and Katrina,” Beverley Thompson said.
In the woodstone court neighborhood a tree fell on a gate following the hurricane. This tree was uprooted and collapsed onto this steel gate. The gate is severely bent and basically destroyed.
After nearly 12 hours power crews were able to restore power. Residents say they’re grateful the damage wasn’t worse.
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- LSU students have mixed emotions about potentially taking the COVID-19 vaccine
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Gov. Edwards renews plea for business to move to remote work for employees
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won