OUACHITA PARISH, La. (KTVE/KARD) — As Northeast Louisiana looks to prepare for Laura’s arrival, local leaders are hoping you can help avoid flooding.
They’re asking that your clear debris from your ditches, yards, and drainages. This is to allow water to flow properly and avoid stopping up.
Although only a couple of inches of rain is expected, anything can happen so leaders are asking for your help.
The Department of Public Works says we are in good shape with the Ouachita River being low and with us only seeing about an inch of rainfall in August.
- Chauvin trial: Prosecution case nears end
- Baton Rouge Police Union talking about “Anti-Police Legislation” at luncheon
- ‘2 weeks of happiness’: Bindi Irwin’s husband shares sweet photos of baby girl
- Watch: Thief on motorcycle rips necklace off woman in middle of crosswalk
- Prosecution’s case against ex-cop in Floyd death nears end