WALKER, La. (BRPROUD) – A precautionary boil advisory is in place for some residents in the City of Walker.
The precautionary boil advisory was issued by the City of Walker Water Supply and it cover these areas:
- Aydell Lane from Hwy 447 to Gaylord and all street adjacent including, Dana Street, Jan Street, Guy Street
- Gaylord from Hwy 190 to Sellers Lane and adjacent street including Achord Lane, Carolyn Street, Joyce St. Lynn Street, Morning Glory, Lockhart, Pine Drive, Salt Dome Rd, Leroe Lane, Carla Drive and Black Mud to the Middle Colyell Creek Bridge.
Further details about the boil water advisory can be found below:
This BOIL ADVISORY is to remain in effect until rescinded by Louisiana Department of Health and the City of Walker Water Department.
Water supply personnel are working diligently to restore the system to normal operation as quickly as possible.
At present, the water in the distribution system (maybe) subject to bacteriological contamination, which may cause a number of waterborne diseases and/or general gastrointestinal distress.
Customers in the affected area are encouraged to treat all water for drinking or culinary purposes by boiling water for one (1) minute in a clean container. The one-minute starts after the water has been brought to a rolling boil. The flat taste can be eliminated by shaking the water in a bottle or pouring it from one container to another, or
Water samples will be collected and tested by Louisiana Office of Public Health Laboratory once repairs have been completed.
- New Orleans Saints release updated injury report with 3 new names
- Tropical Storm Beta leaves mark in Delcambre
- Drew Brees is focused on team success, not his stats through two games
- Dr. Birx: ‘Louisiana made changes that saved people’s lives’
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives