BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – A 41-year-old woman died around midnight Monday after being struck by a vehicle while walking on La. Hwy 1 in Assumption Parish.
Umeki Jamison of Labadieville died at the scene after a Jeep Cherokee traveling southbound struck her.
The driver was injured and was not impaired, according to Louisiana State Police.
It’s unknown if Jamison was impaired, and a toxicology report is pending.
- Baton Rouge Police Department searching for suspect accused of killing ex girlfriend
- Louisiana man facing two sex offense charges involving teenage girl posts bail, leaves jail
- Restaurant owners adjust to phase 3
- City of Baker to offer free COVID-19 testing in church parking lot Sept. 25
- City of New Roads to host 11th Annual Spring Street Car Show