BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — A pedestrian died in Jackson over the weekend after a vehicle struck him on LA Hwy 68.
39-year-old Clifton Hills of Jackson was walking in the southbound lane when a vehicle also traveling in that lane hit him.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Louisiana State Police.
The driver was properly restrained and uninjured.
The investigation is ongoing. Toxicology samples were taken from Hills and the driver for analysis.
- EBR Schools plans to improve the district and is receiving feedback from the community
- Gov. John Bel Edwards expects to end federal unemployment soon
- LSU coaches embrace new TAF president
- To alleviate crowding, Baton Rouge animal shelter will waive all adoption fees this week
- Meet Companion Animal Alliance’s dogs of the week, two Husky-mix sisters