BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The Hola Nola food processing facility in Geismar caught fire early Tuesday morning, and more than 100 firefighters worked to control the blaze.
Some firefighters volunteered their time before and after shifts at their regular jobs to help contain the fire, a task that lasted more than 20 hours, according to a Facebook post from the Geismar Volunteer Fire Department.
- Tigerland resident considering moving out following Friday morning homicide
- Virginia man shares experiences of life in Japan during the pandemic
- Baton Rouge restaurant reinstates COVID-19 policy in fight against fourth surge
- Is this a down year for Alabama football?
- Bring the pain: Olympic swimming begins with grueling 400 IM