NEW ORLEANS, La. (WGNO) – The Saints held on against the 49ers yesterday for a big win despite losing Drew Brees with what the team calls a rib injury.
Brees was sacked in the second quarter and pummeled to the ground by 49ers defensive tackle Kentavius Street. Street was assessed a roughing the passer penalty.
The Saints also lost starting cornerback Marshon Lattimore in the third quarter to an oblique injury. Tight end Josh Hill and wide receiver Tre’Quan Smith also left the game with injuries. Smith suffered a concussion on an incomplete pass in the second quarter.
Take a look at some of the best moments from the game.
- Tangipahoa Sgt. Charles Warren Leaves Hospital After 5 Month Battle with COVID-19
- President Biden to visit Louisiana on Thursday, here is the schedule
- LSU Softball set to honor six seniors in final regular season series
- Disney Releases Rainbow Collection For Pride Month
- Source: LSU’s Finley to transfer portal