NEW ORLEANS, La. (WGNO) – The Saints held on against the 49ers yesterday for a big win despite losing Drew Brees with what the team calls a rib injury.
Brees was sacked in the second quarter and pummeled to the ground by 49ers defensive tackle Kentavius Street. Street was assessed a roughing the passer penalty.
The Saints also lost starting cornerback Marshon Lattimore in the third quarter to an oblique injury. Tight end Josh Hill and wide receiver Tre’Quan Smith also left the game with injuries. Smith suffered a concussion on an incomplete pass in the second quarter.
Take a look at some of the best moments from the game.
- President-elect Biden urges congress, Trump to pass COVID-19 relief, saying ‘Americans need help and they need it now’
- Pres. Trump asks Georgia governor for help overturning Biden’s election victory in the state
- Duplantis wins World Athletics Male Athlete of the Year award
- LA Sports Hall of Fame online auction open for holiday bidding
- Lake Charles residents still need help Weeks after Hurricane Laura Landfall