NICEVILLE, Fla. (WKRG) — An Alabama caretaker faces defrauding charges for stealing nearly $12,000 over a six month period from a 94-year-old man she was hired to care for, say police.
Police say 30-year-old Megan LeAnn Burleson of Andalusia is charged with elderly exploitation, theft of funds from a person 65 or older, altering or forging bank bills or checks, and uttering a forged bank bill or check with intent to defraud.
An OCSO investigator says Burleson became a caretaker for the victim in December 2019. However, the investigation revealed between January and May 2020 she stole and forged a dozen checks. Additionally, between February and May she altered five legitimate paychecks to make the amount appear greater than what was originally written.
According to OCSO, Burleson is currently being held in the Okaloosa County Jail in Crestview.
- Tigers Sweep Events in Win Over Georgia
- 1 killed after Las Vegas-based bus rolls over near Grand Canyon, 44 transported to medical center
- LPSO investigating rash of nighttime burglaries at Le Triomphe
- Baylor added to 2021 LSU Baseball Schedule
- Friday Night: Cloudy and foggy tonight; Slightly drier for weekend