NEW ORLEANS (WDSU) — The New Orleans Police Department is investigating after a 4-year-old died Saturday downtown
Police say around 5:20 a.m. on Saturday officers responded to a medical call in the 500 block of Canal Street.
In this incident, an unresponsive juvenile female was transported via EMS to a local hospital, where she was pronounced deceased.
The coroner identified the child as Jo’nyri Hawkins, 4, and said the cause of death was blunt force injuries.
NOPD said a joint homicide investigation involving the Homicide Unit and the Child Abuse Unit is now underway.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Homicide Unit at 504-658-5300 or call Crimestoppers anonymously at 504-822-1111 and toll-free at 1-877-903-7867.
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- CareSouth hosting community testing, supply giveaway
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Recruit of the Week – Leaving his own legacy
- FFN Game of the Week: Scotlandville runs over Walker