OPELOUSAS, La. (KLFY) Opelousas Police are looking for the suspect(s) who shot a man near the railroad tracks in the area of North Market and Cheney streets Saturday night.
Police say an officer on patrol heard gunshots, and arrived to find a male victim lying next to the railroad tracks.
The unidentified victim was responsive at the time but was unable to relay any information, police said.
After he was transported to a local hospital, he succumbed to his injuries just before midnight, police said.
Multiple cars and homes were struck by bullets, police said.
Anyone with any information is urged to contact Opelousas Police at 337-948-2500, email@example.com or through Crime Stoppers (337-948-TIPS, www.stlandrycrimestoppers.com or by using the P3 mobile App.)
All tips can remain anonymous, police said.
- DOTD announces I-10 widening from 415 to split
- Gov. Edwards: “We could soon receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine which is positive news
- Tigers Shut Out UL-Lafayette on the Road
- Mayor-President Sharon Weston Broome releases statement regarding the incident involving BRPD and juvenile
- Twitter announces ‘Super Follows,’ and not everyone is happy about it