SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – A Shreveport woman accused of stealing Christmas packages during the holidays is behind bars along with her boyfriend following an investigation by the Shreveport Police Department.
According to SPD, 38-year-old Melissa Griffin is charged with eight counts of theft, and her boyfriend, 48-year-old Jason Rogers, was arrested on an outstanding warrant for a convicted felon in possession of a firearm.
The package thefts happened in December 2020. Shreveport police say they received numerous reports of Christmas packages being stolen throughout the city, prompting an investigation with the Property Crimes Unit.
SPD says during the investigation, detectives learned that Griffin was responsible for stealing the packages. Authorities then executed a search warrant at Griffin’s home and they were able to find numerous reported stolen items.
The items that were seized during the search warrant will be released back to the victims by investigators. Both Griffin and Rogers were booked into the Shreveport City Jail.
- LPSO investigating rash of nighttime burglaries at Le Triomphe
- Baylor added to 2021 LSU Baseball Schedule
- Friday Night: Cloudy and foggy tonight; Slightly drier for weekend
- More than 150 National Guard in Washington for inauguration test positive for coronavirus
- Biden’s historic Cabinet begins taking shape