NATCHITOCHES PARISH, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – An 18-wheeler is overturned and a pickup truck is damaged after a two-vehicle crash on US 71 Highway just north of the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s North Sub-Station in Campti, La.
According to the Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Office, the accident occurred just after 8 a.m. Wednesday. The 18-wheeler was carrying wood chips, which now are strewn near the shoulder of the road, and utility powerlines are down.
Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s Deputies, Campti Police, Natchitoches Regional Medical Center and Louisiana State Police are at the scene now, and agents from the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development have been called in to help.
Only minor, non-life-threatening injuries are report.
The NPSO warns motorists traveling through the area to drive with caution.
- Counselors to remain available as Livingston Parish schools mourn passing of ‘special young man,’ superintendent says
- Drive-thru disaster recovery center for Hurricane Laura survivors to open in Cameron parish
- Student forced to leave high school football game because of Black Lives Matter shirt
- Destin experiences beach erosion after Sally
- DRONE FOOTAGE: Kayaking in the streets, washed-up boats, fire, destruction in Orange Beach and Gulf Shores