NEW ORLEANS, La. (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is trying to solve a fatal hit-and-run investigation.
According to police, at about 10:00 Saturday night, a woman walked into the traffic lanes in the 1200 block of Poydras Street, near the intersection with Loyola Avenue.
Police say the woman was hit by a car, and that driver stopped. But then, according to the NOPD, a second passing car also hit the woman but left the scene.
The victim died from her injuries.
Police say that the car that left the scene was a silver hatchback with a female driver.
Anyone who can help police solve the case should call CrimeStoppers at 504-822-1111.
- Dashcam shows close call between police car, bicyclists
- Woman’s bike ride interrupted by two large alligators
- Little League teams forced to drop out of nationwide tournament due to vaccine requirement
- Shock G, ‘Humpty Hump’ of Digital Underground found dead in Tampa
- Remember this? ‘Me at the Zoo’; first YouTube video posted 16 years ago today, watch it here