LAUREL, Md. (AP) — Police in Maryland say they’re looking for a person who lured a group of seagulls with popcorn before running them over with a car.
The Daily Times reports that the incident occurred Saturday in Laurel outside a Dollar General. Police said that at least 10 seagulls were killed.
Police said a suspect fled the scene.
Police said they were able to rescue an injured bird that had a broken wing. The bird was taken to a wildlife rescue.
- Watch Live: Mayor Cantrell provides update on Zeta damage
- One million early ballots? Louisiana inching closer, election office reports
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- Wednesday Night: Zeta accelerates to the northeast; Cold front arrives overnight
- Region 3 one day from potential indoor dining shutdown