BATON ROUGE, La. — A logging operation in Natchitoches Parish has been shut down after vandals allegedly destroyed two pieces of equipment in Winn Parish.
According to the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry (LDAF), LDAF agents along with the Winn Parish Sheriff’s Office were called to a logging site off of L. Kieffer Road in St. Maurice.
Agents say the vandals damaged a 2011 John Deere Skidder and a 2014 John Deere Cutter. The estimated repair bill for these damages is $16,000.
Agents are asking for anyone with information on this case to call the LDAF Emergency Hotline at 855-452-5323 or the Winn Parish Sheriff’s Office at 318-628-4611.
The Louisiana Forestry Association is also offering a reward of up to $2,000 for any information that leads to an arrest and conviction of the person or person responsible.
- California pair charged with hate crime for vandalizing Black Lives Matter mural
- Dunkin’ Donuts to permanently close 450 convenience store locations
- Following fiery blast, groups call for formal FAA environmental study of SpaceX facility
- New Orleans Portrayed: A Photographer’s Series of the City
- Historic Birmingham building to be transformed into an automated hotel