MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — A woman allegedly broke a glass cup over a man’s head in Myrtle Beach because he didn’t have dinner ready when she woke up, according to police.
Police responded to the 1100 block of North Oak Street Monday for reports of an assault, according to the police report. The victim told police Stacy Rose Zelaya-Sheff was asleep and when she woke up, she got mad at him because the dinner he was making wasn’t finished yet.
Zelaya-Sheff allegedly started yelling at the victim and slapping him in the face, and when he tried to walk away, she broke a glass cup over the back of his head, according to the police report. Police said they observed a bleeding cut on the back of his head, along with some shattered glass on his neck and shirt.
Zelaya-Sheff is also accused of taking the victim’s phone and throwing it on the floor, breaking the screen, police said.
The victim told police after his phone got broken he started walking to the police department for help but got lost on the way, causing a delay in reporting. When police went to the incident location, Zelaya-Sheff answered the door and appeared intoxicated, according to the police report.
She claimed she didn’t know what officers were talking about when she was asked about the incident. She was arrested and charged with third-degree domestic violence.
According to the police report, Zelaya-Sheff had no prior convictions for domestic violence.
- Nursing home residents prepare for 2020 Thanksgiving visits
- Caretakers return from remote Hawaiian islands to changed world amid pandemic
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- BRAC releases COVID-19 economic impact indicator dashboard for capital area
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different