BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — WVLA/WGMB brought you the latest election results as they came in after the polls closed the evening of Saturday, Nov. 18.
Polls for the general election closed at 8 p.m. Across Louisiana, voters cast ballots for the attorney general, secretary of state and treasurer. Voters also decided on four proposed constitutional amendments.
The AP reported Republican candidates Liz Murrill elected as attorney general, Nancy Landry elected as secretary of state and John Fleming elected as treasurer.
In the primary election, voters chose the next Louisiana governor, Jeff Landry, and re-elected Lt. Gov. Billy Nungesser.
The following seats were filled in unopposed races after qualifying:
- Commissioner of agriculture and forestry: Mike Strain, Republican
- Insurance commissioner: Tim Temple, Republican
To see who won a seat in your parish, click here.
- Sanders opposed to sending $10B to ‘extremist Netanyahu government’ in Israel
- LSU quarterback Jayden Daniels listed as finalist for Heisman Trophy
- American tourist killed in shark attack in Bahamas, police say
- BESE president stands by graduation appeals process, rolls back emergency rule
- White House urges Congress to act quickly on Ukraine aid