PHILADELPHIA, PA (CNN) – A former Drexel University professor was arrested after prosecutors say he spent nearly $100,000 of grant money on strip clubs.
57-year-old Chikaodinaka Nwankpa, the former head of Drexel University’s electrical engineering department, was charged with theft Monday.
The professor spent almost thirty years at the school. According to state prosecutors, Nwankpa made several unapproved purchases between 2010 and 2017.
Nwankpa was released from custody after paying a $25,000 bail and surrendering his passport.
His preliminary hearing will be held on January 29th.
If convicted, Nwankpa could face up to 14 years in prison and pay up to $30,000 in fines.
- ‘Downton Abbey’ cast returning for sequel arriving in theaters in December
- Counties with more Trump voters are less likely to be vaccinated, data shows
- NOPD: One killed in school bus crash on Chef Menteur Highway
- Stalker arrested at Taylor Swift’s New York apartment building, police say
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars