ST. TAMMANY PARISH, La. (WDSU) — Prosecutors in St. Tammany Parish are planning to seek the death penalty for a man accused of killing a Mandeville police captain.
Vincent Liberto was shot and killed following a police pursuit in Sept. of 2019.
Liberto spent 10 years with the United States Marine Corps, before joining the Mandeville Police Department, where he spent 25 years.
The suspect in the case, Mark Spicer, pleaded not guilty in January.
Spicer is still in jail, facing several charges, including murdering a police officer and attempted murder of a police officer.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room