OUACHITA PARISH, La. — A Ouachita Parish Police Juror has come under fire after a Facebook post on the juror’s page struck a nerve with some residents.
The since removed post on OPPJ Vice President Jack Clampit’s Facebook page, pictured below, reads “There’s a simple way to control the looters. Just two words. Choot em.”
In response, community members organized a gathering at the Ouachita Parish Courthouse on Monday afternoon to protest Juror Clampit.
This protest comes just 90 minutes before the police jury meets in-person for the first time since the outbreak of COVID-19.
KTVE/KARD’s Chelsea Jones will have more on the protest tonight on FOX 14 News at Nine and NBC 10 News at Ten.
- House could vote on Biden’s $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package, $1,400 checks Friday
- Gov. Edwards pushes La. congressional delegation to support minimum wage increase
- Man accused of trying to drown, bury wife alive at a beach
- ‘One of the best dummies we have ever seen’: Solo driver busted for carpool ‘passenger’
- ‘I just want to be an average human’: 13-year-old science lover who lost his mom looking for a new family