BATON ROUGE, LA (LOCAL33) (FOX44) – Tackling a tailgate with kids. The Red Stick Mom offers advice on how to tailgate with kids.
The Red Stick Mom, a local blog created to make being a mom in Baton Rouge a little more fun and a lot more connected.
Clair Cook, Red Stick Mom member said tailgating with kids can be challenging, but there a number of helpful tips out there to make game day a breeze. She suggested the following.
- Traveling with Food/Snacks: PackIt lunch box has built-in gel walls that keep fresh foods cool for hours.
- Food/Drink ideas: Hapi Water (for kids) is a healthier drink option with no sugar added. High Key (for adults) is a wine on the go! Crunchy Rice Rollers simple snacks, with simple ingredients. No need to worry with these snacks since they are allergen free. Hanley’s natural salad dressing can help build that perfect salad for tailgate. Chomps is a healthy, protein packed meat snack.
- Clothing Attire: Nola T-Shirt Co. BonFolk Socks, Stonz all natural rubber rain boots for kids, Remember Me Green.
- Games/Entertainment: It’s great to have something to keep those kids entertained while tailgating. Footballs, Pom poms, anything you don’t mind getting a little dirty while out at the tailgate.
- Lastly, fighting off bugs. Bug Soother is a all natural bug spray that smells great, but bugs hate, is Deet Free and repels gnats, mosquitoes and many other insects.
For more information about Red Stick Mom visit their website.
For helpful tips and resources on tailgating with children click here.