NEW ORLEANS, La. (WGNO) – Reports indicate that Quarterback Drew Bress suffered a rib contusion after being sacked multiple times in the first half of Sunday’s game against the San Francisco 49ers.
He sat out the second half.
The NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero were the first to report the new details about Brees’ injury on Twitter earlier Monday.
If Brees does miss some time, this means that both Quarterbacks Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill will see more game reps moving forward.
In limited action yesterday, Taysom Hill did not attempt a pass but did rush for 45 yards on 8 carries.
As for Jameis Winston, he finished the second half 6 for 10 passing with 63 yards.
It’s not clear what the Quarterback position could look like in Week 11 against the Atlanta Falcons, but we should have a better idea when Saints Head Coach Sean Payton speaks with media this afternoon.
- Ft. Jackson Army trainee in custody after allegedly hijacking school bus full of children
- Former CHRISTUS nurse accused of murdering patients files motion to throw out his interviews with police
- Biden supports waiving COVID vaccine patent rights
- Check your mailbox! Thousands of unclaimed property checks are going out now
- Father calls for reforms to prevent Black moms from dying in childbirth