COVINGTON – The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office is currently conducting a death investigation after a body was located on the side of a roadway near Covington.
Shortly before 7:45 a.m. Monday morning, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to 11th Street between Soell Drive and North Street in reference to a stalled vehicle in the roadway.
When they arrived at the location of the stalled vehicle, deputies observed the body of a white male in the grass on the side of the roadway.
The remains have been turned over to the St. Tammany Parish Coroner’s Office, who will determine a cause and manner of death as well as a positive identification.
- APSO seeking suspects who allegedly took $520 dollars worth of alcohol from Circle K
- Town Hall featuring attorney general to be held Nov. 1 in Denham Springs
- Family using slingshot to pass out trick-or-treat candy
- One ref’s decision cost a man $1 million in fantasy football competition
- Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office searching for suspect of armed robbery in Watson