MARSHALL, Texas (KETK) The identity of the person killed in a fatal crash in Marshall on Wednesday has been released.
Payton Blalock, 19, of Marshall, was killed after an 18-wheeler hit the truck he was driving while attempting to make a turn.
Marshall Police were called to the scene of an accident around 2 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Loop 390 and Scottsville Highway.
Marshall Police released a statement saying:
“The men and women of the Marshall Police Department offer our deepest condolences to the Blalock family during this unimaginably difficult time.“Marshall Police Department
Last September, the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office says Hayden was on his way to school when his truck hit a wild hog that led to the accident.
Students in the area showed their support by wearing red and using the hashtag ‘ Hayden 94’ on Twitter. 94 was his football jersey number.
Payton’s number was also #94.
Hayden Blalock’s final resting place is at the Woodlawn Cemetery.
The Blalock brothers are survived by his parents, Craig and Danielle Blalock, and their sister Emily.
- Man murders girlfriend and shoots 4-year-old, kills self after police pursuit
- Analysis: Louisiana lawmakers renew talk of TOPS disparities
- Fiancé of missing boater gives update on Sunday’s search for remaining Seacor Power crewmen lost at sea
- United Cajun Navy joins search for missing crew members
- Dog receives award after saving his owner’s life