HYDERABAD, India (AP) — A man was killed by a rooster with a blade tied to its leg during an illegal cockfight in southern India.
The incident has brought focus on a practice that continues in some Indian states despite a decades-old ban. Police say the rooster, with a 3-inch knife tied to its leg, fluttered in panic and slashed its 45-year-old owner in his groin last week.
The incident occurred in Lothunur village of Telangana state. The man died due to excessive bleeding before he could be taken to a hospital.
Police have filed a case and are looking for over a dozen of people involved in organizing the cockfight.
- The names of the 8 victims murdered in the Indianapolis FedEx mass shooting
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- Funeral services set for Seacor Power Capt. David Anthony Ledet April 21
- Friday Night: Heavy rain tonight; Heavy rain tomorrow; Finally dry Sunday
- Two women tried to spend $1 million bill at Dollar General store