METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Saints top receiver Michael Thomas returned to practice on Wednesday for the first time since injuring his ankle in New Orleans’ season-opening victory over Tampa Bay on Sept. 13.
The Saints visit Detroit on Sunday and have lost both games Thomas has missed to fall to 1-2 and into second place in the NFC South Division.
Thomas has been named All-Pro the past two seasons.
He set an NFL single-season record in 2019 with 149 catches.
His 1,725 yards receiving led the Saints last season. His nine touchdowns receiving tied for the team lead with running back Alvin Kamara.
- US House passes historic bill that would decriminalize cannabis on the federal level
- Denham PD investigating inappropriate relationship at Denham High School between teacher, former student
- LDH: Louisiana averaging more than 3,700 COVID-19 cases per day over the last 72 hours
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Police in Louisiana asking for public’s help in search for missing, possibly endangered runaway teen