BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Groups of men and women gathered in Downtown Baton Rouge to participate in a ‘Say her Name’ Women’s Rally on Oct. 18.
Organizer Tamiera Nash says the rally is a direct response to the officer’s indictment in the Breonna Taylor case.
“Today I want everyone who show’s up, who see’s us, to not take this as a hit or anything against law enforcement or police per say,” Nash said. “But for them to realize there are people who are willing and able and are going to stand for black women and defend black women.”
Nash invited multiple guest speakers to the event where they discussed their thoughts on social justice.
This is the first rally hosted by Nash and hopes to create an organization to continue to do more for the community.
- Louisiana man crushed when house being raised falls on him
- LPSO arrest man in kidnapping at gunpoint
- Commander’s Cup and Veterans Music and Fun Day to be held in Baton Rouge
- Children sent to Louisiana school after testing positive for COVID-19
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room