BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – The Louisiana Bar Foundation (LBF) Kids’ Chance Scholarship applications for the year 2022-23 are now open and will close Friday, Feb. 11 at 4:30 p.m.
The LBF awards scholarships to children of Louisiana workers that have been killed or permanently disabled from an accident— which is compensable under a state or federal Workers’ Compensation Act or law, according to the release.
To apply for the LBF Kids Chance 2022-23 Scholarship click here.
Eligibility requirements according to the release;
- Must be a dependent of a worker killed or permanently and totally disabled in an accident compensable under a state or federal Worker’s Compensation Act or law.
- Must be a Louisiana resident between the ages of 16 and 25.
- Must maintain a “C” average or higher.
- Must demonstrate substantial financial need.
- Must be pursuing a primary college or university degree (bachelor’s or associate’s) or vocational education and training (certificate or license) from an accredited Louisiana university, community, technical or vocational college and or state approved proprietary school.
An exception may be made for attendance at an accredited out of state institution for extraordinary reasons.
For more information about LBF Kids’ Chance Scholarship click here
Each year one of every 50 Louisiana workers will be injured on the job. Some of these work accidents will result in death or permanent and total disability. Families of these individuals’ future can appear frightening. Already confronting difficult emotions, they often have to confront the hurdle of funding their education beyond high school.