BIRMINGHAM, Alabama – Fans attending the 2019 SEC Football Championship Game in Atlanta on December 7 are encouraged to become familiar with policies related to fan enjoyment and security for the game and related events.
- SEC Clear Bag Policy – For security purposes, only clear bags are permitted in Mercedes-Benz Stadium and SEC FanFare in the Georgia World Congress Center. Bags will be inspected before entry at both locations.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium Cashless Policy – By accepting only credit cards, debit cards and mobile payments, transactions take place faster and allows restaurants as well as concessions and merchandise vendors to operate more efficiently for customers.
- SEC Ticket Exchange – Fans should beware of counterfeit tickets and should use the SEC Ticket Exchange to purchase verified tickets.
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium Pom-Pom Policy – Pom-poms or shakers must have paddle handles to be admitted into the stadium. Pom-poms or shakers with stick handles are prohibited for safety reasons.
- Gates of Mercedes-Benz Stadium will open at 1:30 pm ET for early-arriving fans.
The SEC strongly encourages fans not to bring any type of bags to the championship weekend events, but bags must be clear or otherwise a small clutch bag and within the size restrictions outlined in the SEC’s clear bag policy to be allowed into either the championship game or SEC FanFare. The full policy can be found at www.secsports.com/security. Bags will be monitored at a secondary security perimeter set up around Mercedes-Benz Stadium and Georgia World Congress Center and law enforcement presence and K-9 patrols will be prevalent throughout the area.
Four bag exchange locations will be available on game day
- Outside Gate 1 (BinBox location)
- Outside Gate 2
- GWCC Gold Deck
- GWCC Hall B
There will be a $5 charge per bag at each location, except the Gate 1 BinBox location which requires fans to use the BinBox app to order, pay and lock/unlock a box. (https://www.binboxlockers.com/). BinBox charges are $5 for a small box, $7 for a medium box and $9 for a large box.
For more information, go to www.secsports.com/security.
MBS Cashless Policy
To enhance the fan experience, MBS became the first stadium to implement a complete stadium-wide cashless transaction model in March 2019. Transitioning to cashless transactions stadium-wide allows the stadium to move away from its whole-dollar pricing model, which was initially instituted to help speed transaction times, to further improve speed of service.
- Ten (10) cash-to-card kiosks will be available around the stadium for those who prefer not to use their own cards or who prefer to carry cash. Guests will be able to feed the cash into the machine and obtain a pre-paid VISA debit card with the same amount with no transaction fee. These cards can be utilized as any other pre-paid VISA card within the stadium as well as outside the stadium. Cash-to-Card Kiosk locations are:
- Delta Sky360 Club – by field entrance
- Mercedes-Benz Club – by field entrance
- By Team Store, and on concourse outside Sections 122, 203, 229, 303, and 332
- See the following website for additional information: https://mercedesbenzstadium.com/card-mobile-payment/
SEC Ticket Exchange
To purchase verified tickets on the SEC Ticket Exchange, the only authorized and official fan-to-fan ticket marketplace for the SEC Football Championship Game, fans should visit www.secticketoffice.com. Ticket barcodes are verified by Ticketmaster, the ticket partner of Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Note, listed prices are set by the seller and may exceed original face value.
MBS Pom-Pom/Shaker Policy
Fans will not be allowed to bring in pom-poms/shakers with a stick handle in order to maintain a safe and enjoyable venue for customers. Only those with a paddle handle will be permitted.
(Press Release provided by SEC Sports)