Second Canal Street shooting suspect arrested in East Baton Rouge Parish

News

Courtesy: East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office

BATON ROUGE, La. (NBC Local 33)(Fox 44) – The second suspect wanted for and accused of shooting 12 people in New Orleans earlier this month on a busy city street has been arrested.

22-year-old Labryson Polidore was arrested and booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison Wednesday.

He’s listed on the prison’s inmate roster list on a charge of a fugitive from justice.

Baton Rouge Police assisted in the arrest of Polidore, according to a spokesperson.

His arrest comes a day after the New Orleans Police Department identified him and 21-year-old Stafford Starks as the two suspects wanted in connection to the shooting on Canal Street at the beginning of December.

WDSU says the US Marshals facilitated the manhunt for the suspects and both suspects are from Lafayette.

Starks was recently arrested in St. Mary Parish.

NOPD Chief Shaun Ferguson said the shooting stemmed from a “pre-existing feud” and when Polidore and Starks encountered each other on Canal Street, they each pulled out a gun and began firing.

The shooting was even caught on a surveillance camera from a nearby local business.

Polidore faces 10 counts of attempted second degree murder, illegal carrying and discharge of weapons, and obstruction of justice.

Starks is being charged with eight counts of attempted second degree murder, illegal carrying and discharge of weapons, and obstruction of justice.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories