PLAQUEMINE, La. (BRPROUD) – Local commuters are down to one Plaquemine ferry for the next few days.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development provided this detailed information as to why and when it will be closed:
DOTD announces that the second Plaquemine ferry is currently out of service due to an electrical problem. The vessel is expected to remain out of service for the next two to three days.
As a reminder, the first boat’s hours of operation are weekdays between 4:30 am and 8:00 pm and Saturday/Sunday between 9:30 am and 7:00 pm.
Motorists are encouraged to check the status of road conditions and the ferry prior to commuting to impacted areas by using the following resources:
MyDOTD: Motorists can receive automatic and up-to-date information on local projects, lane and road closures, and other DOTD activity by signing up for MyDOTD on the DOTD website.
511 Traveler Information: Travelers can also find information regarding road closures by visiting the 511 Traveler Information website at www.511la.org or by dialing 511 from their telephone and saying the route or region about which they are seeking information. Out-of-state travelers can access the system by calling 1-888-ROAD-511 (1-888-762-3511).
- Senator from Louisiana states that “the transition should begin for the sake of the country”
- Keep holiday gift-giving on budget with these companies that ship free
- Pelicans acquire Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe in trade
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins
- Cut down your Christmas tree from a National Forest