CLARKSBURG, VA (WOWK) – The second wrongful death civil lawsuit has been filed concerning the 12 suspicious deaths of veterans at the VA Medical Center in Clarksburg.
In most of these cases, the patients were given a fatal dose of insulin even though they were not diabetic. The U.S. Attorney’s office for the Northern District of West Virginia has convened a grand jury and is looking at a person of interest in the case, so far no one has been charged with any crime.
The claims are being brought against Ret. Senior Master Sergeant George Nelson Shaw, Sr., who has since passed away.
This is a developing story. Please check with WOWKTV.com for further developments.
- Teen nearly dies after getting syndrome tied to COVID-19
- La. governor: COVID-19 vaccine progress ‘exciting,’ but steps linger
- Thanksgiving Week Has Arrived throughout the Metro. A Look at COVID-19 Restrictions At area hospitals
- Peyton Manning named Pro Football Hall of Fame semifinalist
- Ingram signs max deal with Pelicans