BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – On August 20, Senator Cassidy admitted to testing positive for the coronavirus.
After ten days of isolation, Senator Cassidy is now back to work.
On Monday, August 31, Cassidy is confirming that after following CDC guidelines, the Senator from Louisiana is done with his COVID-19 recovery.
“I thank everyone for their concern and prayers. I was lucky and blessed,” said Dr. Cassidy. “Now the focus is Hurricane Laura recovery and relief and addressing Coronavirus for others.”
Cassidy states that someone with COVID-19 must follow these CDC guidelines:
- Isolate for 10 days
- Not have any symptoms for 24 hours before leaving isolation
- First man cured of HIV infection now has terminal cancer
- Watch: Mechanics rescue kitten stuck in dashboard of car
- Mayor-President Broome “pleased” with Baton Rouge efforts to ease COVID-19 spread
- Video released of alleged kidnapping attempt in Costco parking lot
- LDH confirms 5,262 total deaths due to COVID-19, 163,928 confirmed cases