PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Hudson woman is facing several charges after deputies say she was found under the influence of narcotics standing in the middle of a McDonald’s drive-through with her 3-year-old child.
Pasco deputies say they found 35-year-old Melanie Hancox standing, not moving and severely inebriated in the drive-through on Thursday at 11:40 p.m. The alleged incident took place at the McDonald’s located at 11929 US Highway 19.
Deputies say Hancox had her 3-year-old child beside her.
According to deputies, they found Hancox with two different pills – Methadone Hydrochloride and Alprazolam.
She is now facing two counts of possession of a controlled substance and one count of child neglect.
- Veteran’s family shares his gumbo recipe in his memory
- Shelters and MOHSEP preparing for frigid temps
- LSU wins battle in the trenches against Bama, now preparing for Ole Miss
- Former President Jimmy Carter enters hospital for surgery
- NFL Scout: LSU’s Burrow the clear Heisman favorite “and no one’s even close”