PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Hudson woman is facing several charges after deputies say she was found under the influence of narcotics standing in the middle of a McDonald’s drive-through with her 3-year-old child.
Pasco deputies say they found 35-year-old Melanie Hancox standing, not moving and severely inebriated in the drive-through on Thursday at 11:40 p.m. The alleged incident took place at the McDonald’s located at 11929 US Highway 19.
Deputies say Hancox had her 3-year-old child beside her.
According to deputies, they found Hancox with two different pills – Methadone Hydrochloride and Alprazolam.
She is now facing two counts of possession of a controlled substance and one count of child neglect.
- Four Angola Prison correctional officers sentenced for beating handcuffed, shackled inmate
- Livingston Parish schools to launch virtual program as alternative to traditional home schooling, other learning formats
- Will Wade ensuring safe return for 2020-21 men’s basketball team
- WATCH: Baton Rouge woman gets arrested after threatening family with bat & gun
- Southern University Law Center receives $10k donation for public protest symposium, course