SGFD: Kitchen destroyed in weekend blaze


St. George Fire Department Facebook page

BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The St George Fire Department arrived at 77 Fountain View Dr. around 11 a.m. on Saturday morning.

Upon arrival, firefighters saw a kitchen on fire.

It took less than 5 minutes to put the fire out and no one was hurt.

The person living at the home thought the stove had been turned off but it was not.

When the resident returned to the kitchen it was on fire.

The home sustained $30,000 in damages and the kitchen “was gutted by the fire,” according to the St. George Fire Department.

Smoke damage was found throughout the rest of the home.

SGFD says, “the fire was determined to have been an accidental kitchen fire.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest BRProud Articles

More Local News

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories