UNION PARISH, La. (KARD/KTVE) — A Farmerville woman has been arrested for Second Degree Murder after a man was found shot in Union Parish on Tuesday morning.
According to law enforcement, the Union Parish Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call shortly before 4 AM on Tuesday, December 1, about a shooting at a home on Highway 828.
When deputies arrived to the scene, they found 49-year-old Kenneth Long, of Farmerville, with a single gunshot wound. Long was taken to Union General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
UPSO says that Long and 39-year-old Jennifer Perkins, of Farmerville, were in a domestic argument Tuesday morning when Perkins armed herself with a shotgun and shot Long.
Perkins has been arrested and booked into the Union Parish Detention Center. She is charged with Second Degree Murder and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
- LSU Rallies For Fourth Straight Win, 85-80, Over South Carolina
- Saturday Night: Cold tonight; Warming Trend
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- LSU Goes For Hoops Win Vs. South Carolina Saturday Night
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration