HUNTSVILLE, Tenn. (WATE)- The Scott County Sheriff’s Office took to Facebook to ask parents if they really know what their child is doing.
The post said that over the past several months, local law enforcement had been busy with social media issues involving minors.
The post warned parents about human traffickers, stating that they monitor these apps to prey on youth.
The Sheriff’s office said “don’t let your child fall victim to these scams,’ stating the first step is to educate yourself and your children about the dangers of online predators.
The post included a chart of 15 apps that they say parents should be aware of, including WhatsApp, Snap Chat, Tik Tok, and Kik.
- Mayor Broome reminds residents to mask up during holiday weekend
- Home Improvement tips during a pandemic
- St. Francisville’s fire work show still on, city asking residents to socially distant during the display
- How fireworks impact veterans battling PTSD
- Local district court judge tests positive for COVID-19