BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — One person is dead and another is in police custody following a shooting on Perkins Road Monday night, the Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed.
Jarmal Jackson, 19, is accused of shooting and killing Joseph Tatney, 40, after an alleged road rage incident on the interstate and some sort of altercation around 7 p.m., according to BRPD.
Tatney died at the scene.
Officers were already at the B-Quik on Perkins at the time of the shooting and were able to quickly apprehend Jackson in the parking lot.
Jackson was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and faces charges of second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon.
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- Friday Night: PTC #3 skirts to the east; Breezy with periods of rain tonight
- LSU Swimmer turns USA podium purple, gold & jorts
- One critically injured near Florida Blvd, EMS says
- Video: Young children caught between masked gunman, victim nearly shot on New York sidewalk