BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — One person is dead and another is in police custody following a shooting on Perkins Road Monday night, the Baton Rouge Police Department confirmed.
Jarmal Jackson, 19, is accused of shooting and killing Joseph Tatney, 40, after an alleged road rage incident on the interstate and some sort of altercation around 7 p.m., according to BRPD.
Tatney died at the scene.
Officers were already at the B-Quik on Perkins at the time of the shooting and were able to quickly apprehend Jackson in the parking lot.
Jackson was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and faces charges of second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon.
- I-12E Millerville off ramp closed for chemical spill clean up
- BR attorneys offer free legal services for those impacted by state’s abortion laws
- Mother seeks help burying her 15-year-old son shot and killed
- Ukraine dominates discussions at global summits
- Democrats unveiling ‘Transgender Bill of Rights’