GEISMAR, La. (BRPROUD) – Ascension Parish officials are investigating the shooting of a 6-year-old boy at a Family Dollar on Highway 74.
A preliminary investigation by the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office revealed that the 6-year-old was accidentally shot by a sibling while sitting in a car in the parking lot.
APSO says, the young boy was sent to OLOL Children’s Hospital via Airmed.
The shooting victim is listed in critical condition, according to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Saints looking for first win in Denver since 1994
- Traffic stop leads to seizure of bags of marijuana, THC edibles and more
- KINDNESS ROCKS: Elementary school in Louisiana is trying ‘to put a smile on someone’s face’
- LSU’s struggles just latest hurdle for resilient Ed Orgeron
- A Bayou Classic Story: The First Lady of the “World Famed” Tiger Marching Band