GEISMAR, La. (BRPROUD) – Ascension Parish officials are investigating the shooting of a 6-year-old boy at a Family Dollar on Highway 74.
A preliminary investigation by the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office revealed that the 6-year-old was accidentally shot by a sibling while sitting in a car in the parking lot.
APSO says, the young boy was sent to OLOL Children’s Hospital via Airmed.
The shooting victim is listed in critical condition, according to the Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Office.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record
- LSP: Fatal crash involving motorcycle in Ascension Parish under investigation
- Man to run entire length of US for mental health awareness: ‘Start to feel better about yourself’
- UPDATE: 6 individuals shot, 2 dead in Florida Blvd parking lot shooting