Small fire breaks out in Alex Box Stadium over the weekend

News

A small fire broke out in Alex Box Stadium around 12:40 a.m. Saturday after a cardboard box that was placed on a dryer caught on fire.

The stadium’s sprinklers put out the fire by the time Baton Rouge firefighters arrived, but the laundry room and surrounding areas suffered water damage, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.

The fire did not affect any scheduled games.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Stay up to date with the latest news by downloading the BRProud App from the App Store or Google Play.

Trending Stories