BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD)- Louisiana Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program recipients can purchase “hot” or prepared foods from certain SNAP retailers during the month of September.
“Hot food” purchases can be made after a waiver is approved by U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service.
This new act comes after the disaster of Hurricane Laura. Regular SNAP benefits does not allow the purchase of “hot foods”.
The waiver will last through October 1.
“Hot foods” can be purchased in Louisiana or in another state.
Restaurant purchases are still prohibited, according to the Department of Children and Family Services.
More information on the waiver and where “hot foods” can be purchased can be found here.
- Nashville mom, stepson charged in killing of 14-year-old boy with autism
- CareSouth hosting community testing, supply giveaway
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal
- Recruit of the Week – Leaving his own legacy
- FFN Game of the Week: Scotlandville runs over Walker