LAFOURCHE PARISH, La. (BRPROUD)- The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development announced that LA 1 Expressway in Leeville, Lafourche Parish tolls have been temporarily suspended due to Tropical Storm Sally.
DOTD is providing the following traveling safety guidelines:
- Avoid driving into standing or running water.
- Avoid driving while distracted.
- Avoid using cruise control when visibility is low or road surfaces are wet.
- Always allow for extra driving time.
- Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
- Have your headlights on when using windshield wipers
- Never drive through areas with downed power lines or utility poles.
- $234M BP spill money for 5 wetlands projects in 2 parishes
- Louisiana probes new unemployment claims for fraud
- Despite challenges from COVID-19, Mighty Moms passes out free Thanksgiving meals for 10th straight year
- Cowboys Strength Coach passes at 54
- LHSAA memo reveals fine, penalty for failure to adhere to COVID-19 mitigation measures