TAMPA (WFLA) — A 65-year-old Florida man was fatally struck by an SUV while teaching his son how to drive, officials said.
The Florida Highway Patrol said a 34-year-old Colombian man was getting a driving lesson at a church parking lot.
His father was standing outside his car, teaching him how to park, when the son accidentally stepped on the accelerator, drove over a parking block and hit his father.
The 65-year-old was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital in critical condition. He later died.
His son faces a felony charge of driving without a license resulting in a serious injury.
- BRG nurse reflects on his journey working in a COVID-19 unit while protecting his family
- Talks of moratorium rise among Livingston Parish residents
- LSU Board votes in favor of mandating COVID-19 vaccine for students
- Mississippi man spends 15 hours in Waffle House after losing fantasy football bet
- Friday Night: PTC #3 skirts to the east; Breezy with periods of rain tonight