BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Sources confirm to CBS 42’s Simone Eli that at least 5 Alabama players have tested positive for COVID-19, first reported by BamaInsider.
Sources say Alabama players were tested Tuesday, practiced together Wednesday, and received the positive results Thursday. Sources say that no players showed symptoms or signs.
Further, a source says that nearly 50 players were together yesterday on the band field. Those players “should” be in quarantine moving forward, a source says.
Sources did not specify names. A source did say it was one lineman, a couple of skill position players and one quarterback. It should be noted this was not an organized team activity, nor a voluntary workout — which begins next week. This was Alabama players gathering together in their free time, on their own, according to the sources.
- Living with Diabetes during COVID
- Baton Rouge artists create unique Black Lives Matter mural
- Lawmakers work to extend unemployment benefits set to expire in July
- LSU releases “Road Map to Fall 2020” in preparation for classes to resume
- West Feliciana Parish High School graduation features caravan parade